Thursday, May 29, 2008

pastry time

So it wasn't until I was checking in the new order of pastries that I realized the significance of this day (well, now it's after midnight, but nonetheless...). In order to assure freshness, we have to put a date sticker on all of the pastries that come in each night, but tonight we were out of Saturday stickers, so I used the Friday stickers and just crossed out the Friday and wrote Saturday even though it screws up the color coding... Regardless, I wrote down the date on a sticker and shazam, it suddenly hit me that today is Solveigh's one month birthday! She's actually grown quite a bit. Jenni brought her to the doctor today for her checkup and she's gained almost 2 pounds and grown 2 inches. It's interesting how much we celebrate the things we can measure... 2 inches, 2 pounds, one month. At first, I felt a bit like a schmuck of a dad, not having realized that it was the 29th until it was already too late to celebrate. It's a good thing Solveigh has no conception of time whatsoever. I on the other hand have the pastries.

No comments: